Visa/Entry Documentation

A valid passport or identity card is required for travel to Germany. After entering the country, you must register your place of residence with the residents’ registration office of the town in which you live within three months (like German citizens).   

Nationals of Switzerland and their family members enjoy freedom of movement within the EU, but must apply for a special Switzerland residence permit.

Further information: